Thursday, April 7, 2011

Data, Part 2

The other information that I want to display on my map is the crime alerts that come from Public Safety.  A start on this is the work my friend Brian and I did with some other members of the Web Tech Group, when FFA wanted to analyse the locations of crime alerts.  Now that Flagship Geo has been created, I'd like to include this information in my map, as a separate layer.


Some options for porting the information into my project included writing a python script to transfer the data between databases.  I prefer to use my CSV import functionality to do this, my project has more to do with creating the data visualization than the import functionality.  Along those lines, I'll use PHPMyAdmin to export the table in a CSV format.  The data will need some sanitizing, as it was populated using a web crawler over the RSS feed Public Safety provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment